Friday 23 January 2009

My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you...

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful




Narrated Abu Dharr: Allah's Apostle (peace_be_upon_him) stated that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, said:

My servants, I have made oppression unlawful for Me and unlawful for you, so do not commit oppression against one another. My servants, all of you are liable to err except one whom I guide on the right path, so seek right guidance from Me so that I may direct you to the right path. O My servants, all of you are hungry (need) except the one whom I feed, so beg food from Me, so that I may give it to you. O My servants, all of you are naked (need clothes) except the one whom I provide with garments, so beg clothes from Me, so that I may clothe you. O My servants, you commit error night and day and I am there to pardon your sins, so beg pardon from Me so that I may grant you pardon.


O My servants, even if the first amongst you, the last amongst you, even if the whole of the human race, and that of the Jinns, become (equally) God-conscious like the heart of a single person amongst you, nothing will add to My Power. O My servants, even if the first amongst you, the last amongst you, the whole human race, and that of the Jinns too become in unison the most wicked (all beating) like the heart of a single person, it will cause no loss of My Power. O My servants, even if the first amongst you, the last amongst you, the whole human race, and that of Jinns also, all stand in one place and you ask Me and I confer upon every person what he asks for, it will not in any way cause any loss to Me (even less) than that which is caused to the ocean by dipping a needle in it.


My servants, these deeds of yours, which I am recording for you, I shall reward you for them. So he who finds good should praise Allah and he who does not find it should not blame anyone but himself. Sa'id said that when AbuIdris Khawlani narrated this hadith he knelt down.

Sahih Muslim: Book 31, Number 6246.










The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa'sallam said:

"The Muslim is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind:
Their Land is ONE, their War is ONE, their Peace is ONE,
Their Honour is ONE and their Trust is ONE."
[Ahmad]

No comments: