Saturday 10 February 2007

Poem: It Was Designed For You

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim



In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful





It Was Designed For You

onedarkangel_uk



You see I don’t wanna argue

Even with you

Cause what it would do

Is take the blame from you




Point it back at me

To look deep inside to see

That you are really me

The lineage of a legacy




Adam and Eve

Or Adam and Hawah, whatever you please

But they got down on their knees

Because the mistake of a second, they listened to Iblis

But here is what you always miss

It was already written for us to reflect on this....



That God is forgiving

He is All Aware and listening

And before the creation

Of every living thing

God created the pen and its still writing



So why should I fear

When the path is clear

The path I adhere

Even if I walk on thorns

That tries to make me steer

Into a dark abyss of confusion



The reason I don’t worry

Is not because of lack of responsibility

But I have detached from this world

For it to ever claim me



You need this degree

Cause you are trying to prove to me

That you can do something better than somebody

While I do not need a paper to tell me

About what I can do or what is my identity

I know the laws of success and its reality

Man of action surpassed men of any degree

Look around the world and it is plain to see

But YOU wanted a Muslim with a doctorate degree



Look and see how heros stood the time and stared into the eyes of fear

Rendering it useless when they spoke these words so clear

Allah! Allah! Allah the All Mighty!

To hear the dominion of God say, “Yes, Glory to He!”



And the reason you are lost is you don’t know me

Because you don’t know yourself and the truth sets you free

Cause if ever you saw any weakness in me

Then it is the mirror you see, that tells you of YOUR reality



You….are…struggling….with…your…IDENTITY!

Because a man who knows who he is...........don’t need to prove anything to me

His proof should be geared to Allah the All Mighty

He’d live the deen and set the example instead of preaching words of melancholy

He’d walk the talk and we shall see in him Islamic history



He’d be dynamic and attract the people but you wanted something else from me

Some paper to tell the people you want to impress....that I got a degree

Then come, you with your paper and I with Piety

Marry your daughter to whoever you wish they are not like me

Because I am the warrior of Allah, the All Mighty



And in my heart and soul your honour would've been protected

Your treasure, your daughter and jewel respected

That even when you are gone, she would've been uplifted

As a great woman and a teacher, but YOU objected



Now, you come and cry to me cause the man has killed your honour

You thought because of his degree he is a great brother

When did he ever have responsibility to raise your respect higher?

When did he ever gain a penny without the help of his father?

When did he ever cook, clean without the help of his mother?

When did he ever live to put a smile on his own sister?

When did he ever care for the plight of our Ummah?

WHEN DID HE EVER DO SALAT and repent to ALLAH?



No! Go back I say - for you lost me for good

For I am not a student of paper or boyz of the hood

There is no if, but, or if only you could

There is only you of losing the chance of the purest of brotherhood



Choose faith next time whenever the time comes

Whether you marry your daughters or your precious sons

But for I, Allah tested me and revealed me to you

For this test was also an example to reflect and think through

To realise that the test wasn’t for me but it was designed for you









The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa'sallam said:



"The Muslim is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind:

Their Land is ONE, their War is ONE, their Peace is ONE,

Their Honour is ONE and their Trust is ONE."

[Ahmad]


1 comment:

Just your average... said...

Mashallah
what an inspiring poem!
May Allah reward the person who wrote it, and I applaud you for posting it on your blog, its gr8!

your lil sis in Islam
Fahmida
xx